we fly to help
Driving to the helicopter
- People and vehicles not directly involved in the transfer of the patient, as well as the bystanders, have to stay at least 30m away from the helicopter.
- Persons or vehicles transporting the victim can’t approach the helicopter without being called by the helicopter crew!
- Wait until the crew member approaches you, or makes a clear gesture that you’re allowed to approach! Follow the instructions of crew.
- Approach the helicopter from its side or front.
- Approach the helicopter by car only along the side.
- Approach the helicopter by an ambulance from the left side, only along the side, no closer than 2m away from any part of the helicopter (be aware of the rotors).